Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My podcast won't stream from itunes, but it will download, please help

My podcast is the Gator Nation Football Podcast. Everything shows up just fine and the podcast can be downloaded and subscribed to. However, it won't play from the itunes store directly. The circle just spins forever, please help.

rss feed. http://gatornation.podbean.com/feed/

Dell Laptop- Windows 10-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 10:33 PM

2 replies

Sep 2, 2015 11:45 PM in response to GatorNationPodcast

The usual explanation for this is that the media file is forcing a download. However on checking it in a browser it plays as it should do. As you say it won't stream in the Store, nor will it in iTunes - it will download, but not stream without downloading.

So it sounds as if the server is accepting requests to download but not to stream. The given URL redirects to another Podbean URL, and testing this in Terminal shows that it appears not to handle byte range requests (though this would only affect iPhones).

I can only suggest you take this up with Podbean.

My podcast won't stream from itunes, but it will download, please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.