Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari has stopped working

Safari suddenly has stopped working. When i click on icon it opens window but doesn't loading, all buttons dont work. After few seconds safari closes. when i press home button twice safari is shown and i can slide it up to close. I deleted histori etc. and reboot it, but it doesnt help me. What can i do in that case?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:10 AM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 4:03 AM in response to Mafanya

The next thing that I would try is to close Safari again, delete the cookies again, then go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings. The iPad will reboot again on its own. When it restarts, you will have to enter all of the device settings again including WiFi network passwords.

Sep 10, 2015 11:22 AM in response to Mafanya

It appears that you have a corrupted Safari. I recommend that you perform a full Restore as described in the article below. While this may seem daunting, it is rather straight forward as iTunes will guide you along the way. You will have to disable Find my iPad/iPhone first. Don't forget to set it back to On when you are through.

You will be connecting your iPad to your computer. Then please import all your photos from the iPad to the computer. Also AirDrop or email to yourself all important documents now on the device. Then do a full backup to iTunes. Just follow the instructions below. Then select Restore iPad and iTunes will install a fresh copy of the current iOS and will erase all your data. After iTunes has installed a fresh copy of the iOS, it will ask you if you want to set your device as New or restore from Backup. Choose From Backup. Restoring will bring back all your Settings, Apps, Photos on Camera Roll, etc. You should not lose anything. After completion check to see if Safari works again.

I have done this myself several times to "clean out" my system and restored from backup with no difficulties - it took a little less than an hour.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Safari has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.