Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reasonable Graphics card for 2008 Mac pro

Hey there Mac Pro users i wanted to purchase this graphics card and install it in to my mac pro running Yosemite and windows 8.1 via boot camp

Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB Windforce Boost Graphics Card

Here is the link

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381340340848?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=S TRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Now i really need to know if this card will work with no problems,if i can be flashed to get the mac boot screen,if so how do i go about doing so as all the information on-line is really old and not current 2015,will i have an issue with drivers,does it matter if its not flashed can i still dual boot with not issues,can someone please please help me.

Many thanks

Stuart

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), 2008

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 8:30 PM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 4:15 AM in response to lllaass

Hi there thanks for replying, paying $180 is a bit to much for me, just to flash a graphics card it seems to be a secret kept close to those who want to charge people bucket loads of money,thanks for looking,all the info i could find about flashing graphics cards seems to dry up after 2012 odd and does not specify new cards,which is really frustrating,someone must know,but thanks agin,i do really appreciate your effort.

Sep 3, 2015 6:23 AM in response to StuartJ1210

I've found the following site to have quite a bit of good info on graphics cards for Macs.

I used them a few years ago to not only replace, but even upgrade the video card in one of my older Mac Pros

You may not get a simple answer, but the info in their "How-To" section could lead you to the answers you're looking for.

http://www.controlcommandescape.com/how-to/nvidia-670gtx-on-a-mac-pro/

Reasonable Graphics card for 2008 Mac pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.