Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I copy all my mac mail accounts to my iPad Air

Hello, I have a MacBook Pro (Yosemite 10.10.5) and I want to copy all my email accounts to my iPad Air.. I use to be able to sync them in the past but cannot find this option anymore as I have over 45 POP accounts, Can anybody help?

iPad Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 10:47 PM

15 replies

Sep 3, 2015 4:14 AM in response to isabitton123

You can not sync POP accounts to the iPad. You never could do that. Only IMAP accounts will sync across devices. You can add them all to the iPad In the settings, but that seems like a daunting task and since they are POP accounts what you do on the Mac will not be reflected on the iPad and what you do on the iPad will not sync across to the Mac.

If you want to add them look at this.

Add an email account on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

EDIT - I think that I misunderstood what you want to do. If you want to sync the accounts from iTunes, that is no longer an option in the latest version of iTunes.

Sep 3, 2015 5:43 AM in response to isabitton123

You said that you wanted to sync the account from the Mac. I addressed that with my edit. You can no longer sync mail accounts from iTunes.

If you restored from a backup and that didn't work, then the accounts were not in the backup for whatever reason. Either that, or you picked the wrong backup to restore.

You really need to explain exactly what you did. In one post you are talking about syncing the accounts. Now you are talking about restoring a backup.

Sep 3, 2015 1:31 PM in response to Demo

This was my original question: "How can I copy all my mac mail accounts to my iPad Air" The word "sync" was only used in the description to explain further, so I'm sorry if you did not understand the question.

I am neither asking how to sync or restore!!!! Maybe you should be the one who needs to read queries more carefully...

Nevermind, I'll just go and get help from someone who is more pleasant to talk to.. Thank you for the "amazing support"

Sep 3, 2015 1:36 PM in response to Bobokins12

Thank you for your reply.. I am trying to avoid having to setup each account one by one on my iPad. In the past, when I connected my iPad to my iTunes account, I could see all the email accounts I had on my Mac so when I synced both devices and updated my iPad, all the email accounts were added to my iPad, but now it's not anymore as I do not see that option.. I am trying to see if this option is no longer available? Thanks

Sep 3, 2015 3:30 PM in response to isabitton123

Obviously you can not read. I said that very same thing twice. I was simply being direct. If you interpreted another way, that's on you.

NOW READ WHAT I COPIED AND PASTED FROM MY FIRST TWO RESPONSES.

EDIT - I think that I misunderstood what you want to do. If you want to sync the accounts from iTunes, that is no longer an option in the latest version of iTunes.

You said that you wanted to sync the account from the Mac. I addressed that with my edit. You can no longer sync mail accounts from iTunes.

NOW I AM BEING NASTY!

How can I copy all my mac mail accounts to my iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.