Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upnp audio apps stop playing on screen lock

I Have been teying to get upnp audio playing on my iphone. I currently am using 8player lite and arcmc lite however there is an issue. Which is that when the screen goes off from idleness the media streaming stops.

Both apps seem to do the same thing (opens an iOS media playing screen with controls).

Maybe their code is bad and it's showing like video (controls and window are ambiguous As to what media type it is

Either way because of the streaming nature of upnp it seems that iOS is disconnecting it

i have tried many other free media player but none that will play the audio with the screen off

fyi

i have tried vlc and although video upnp stuff plays fine; no audio files show up (but they do show in the two apps mentioned above)

does anyone know a setting I'm overlooking to fix this?

or another app that for sure plays upnp audio with the screen off (paid or free it doesn't matter)?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2015 8:06 PM

There are no replies.

Upnp audio apps stop playing on screen lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.