Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly, markers dimmed to near invisibility...

Hi,

I'm relatively new to FPC X and still adjusting to the UI/UX differences between it and FCP.x. I'm running OS X 10.5 (14F27) on a 17" late 2011 MBP.

Today, when I added a marker, using the standard "m" key in a session, I expected to see the default, bright blue marker tab, but that wasn't the case. The regular marker did not show up. I had to go looking for it. As a matter of fact, all the markers I'd placed in the timelines of all my projects, whatever their status color, blue, red, etc., were dimned, as if opacity had been applied, making them difficult to spot on the fly. I've looked but haven't found a control for determining marker opacity or color. It's like that I inadvertently toggled some keystroke which altered the marker color attributes, but I'm not aware of what or when that action was. The phenomenon occured after my MBP's battery juiced out at one ooint and when it rebooted and FCP was back up, I noticed this marker anomaly. The Marker Help items do not mention this characteristic. What have I done wrong? What have I missed? Any help in sorting this out will be greatly appreciated! Thanks very much in advance!

All the best,

David

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), FCP X, learning Rx4

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 5:40 AM

YYou have to post a screen shot. Click the camera in the reply box to add an image.

2 replies

Sep 3, 2015 5:39 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Thanks very much, Tom! Problem solved. No need to post an image. Along with Jimmy Durante, "Am I mortified!" Of course, only after I sent the question did I notice that the markers only appeared dim because the clip in the timeline got jammed up under the footage "ruler" at the top of the project window, rather than in its default location in the window's center. I think it came about when I unsuccessfully tried to stack one clip above another FCP.x-style. I'll keep plugging away. Thanks again and...

All the best,

David

Suddenly, markers dimmed to near invisibility...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.