Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Laptop doubles as a frying pan, won't boot after diagnostics.

Hello there,

I own a Macbook Pro Retina from the mid 2012s and let me say what a disappointing machine this is. Not only was it overpriced but leaks have been made that show workers with lousy pay- and working conditions in China.

I've never been able to use the computer as itself because it can give you second degree burns on your lap, which is probably why the geniuses at Apple switched the wording to Notebooks instead.

I haven't been able to receive any support since the first year and I honestly gave up on trying to fix the issue. However I was willingly to try one last time and booted up diagnostics as recommended by Apple. The test got stuck on 16s running for about 2 hours only to shut down. Now it won't even pass the initial booting sound.

So I'm reaching out for help to fix the heating problem and now the unbootable mystery that I the Macbook Pro Retina.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:47 AM

1 reply

Laptop doubles as a frying pan, won't boot after diagnostics.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.