Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

10.10 smb authentication

To Apple

I currently have a few clients that have upgraded their mac OSX to 10.10 from 10.8 and 10.6. These client have a copier which uses SMB to connect to their machines for file scanning. Ever since the update, the machines will no longer authenticate and fails to connect to the client machines. I created new user account, I check permissions from other non mac PC's and everything connects fine except for these copiers. Both these copiers are OKI brand MC862 and have worked flawlessly until now. They will connect to every other machine on the network, MAC or PC except these 10.10 machines ( which worked prior to update ) How can I fix it so the OS will allow these copiers to scan to a folder on their machines.

Regards
Peter

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:01 AM

7 replies

Sep 8, 2015 10:38 PM in response to Donald Morgan

Just like the post before, what does Drivers have to do with Authentication on SMB share. I might not be making myself clear enough. The machine is set to scan to a shared folder using a user name and password. The machine is getting authentication errors. No matter how I set permissions, the OKI cannot talk to the shared folder. Using a PC to access the shared path and using the same credentials lets me in. This has happened at two sites, both have the same OKI machine, two different machines, one an Imac, the other a MacBook pro. Both can no longer scan to their shared folder after upgrading their OS to 10.10.5

Installing new drivers fixes the authentication error? why do you have to start from scratch if everything else just worked as it was before the OS update. Palming me off to OKI might be an easy solution but there machines should not need to be updated to support OSx updates when there machines work fine for every other version of OSx and windows.

10.10 smb authentication

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.