Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage is using wrong phone number from a different iCloud account.

My iPhone 5c once used a shared Apple ID / iCloud - with my mother and my sister.
I recently just bought a MacBook Air, and I made a new account just for myself. I've been trying to connect my iPhone to the iMessage on the MacBook, which seemed to work because it shows only my number and name, and all of my contacts. But whenever I try to send a message (I first tested it messaging my own phone number) it is sending messages using my mother's phone number and I also received some messages that were supposed to go to her phone - which isn't at all connected to my new iCloud account or Apple ID. That all would make sense if I was using our old shared account, but I've made my own and somehow her number is being used. I've tried every single thing google told me to try, and I've yet to have anything work or to see anyone in the same situation, so hopefully I can get some answers.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:58 AM

1 reply

iMessage is using wrong phone number from a different iCloud account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.