Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple TV 3rd gen won't restore in iTunes. I have been through the process multiple times and purchased new leads ensuring they are data leads compatible with this device. The white light is flashing quickly. No Apple Store locally so £59 down the drain

My Apple TV 3rd gen won't restore in iTunes. I have been through the process multiple times and purchased new leads ensuring they are data leads compatible with this device. The white light is flashing quickly. No Apple Store locally so £59 down the drain

Apple TV

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 6:39 AM

Has it been restored or is the issue that it is not appearing in iTunes?

8 replies

Sep 4, 2015 6:40 AM in response to vazandrew

The Apple TV appears in iTunes and goes through the whole restore process. I am aware if you leave the Apple TV connected to your PC for a while after a restore the Apple TV can switch back into needing to be restored. I'm at a loss. I have purchased 2 new usd leads and checked and double checked they are compatible and not just for charging as they work with other devices. What else can I do other than travel hours to an Apple TV store. I bought it in Argos but have no idea where the receipt might be.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.