Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

certificates & remote login issue

Hi

I deleted all certificates that i have in mac OS X (yosemite) server even the intermediate certificates which cause a problem while i'm ting to join my server from other mac as the following:

''this server doesn't provide a secure (SSL) connection.Do you want to continue''.I pressed on continue and it was joined the server without asking for any credentials.So i need to access my server from any other device but with the credentials

So any ideas how to resolve this and how can i retrieve my deleted certificates

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 4:46 AM

6 replies

Sep 6, 2015 8:47 AM in response to yehia123

If it is not working with your self-signed certificate, buying a certificate is unlikely to improve anything.

I recommend you keep trying to get it working with the self-signed Certicificate. Once it works that way, THEN decide whether you need the improved Security of a "bought" Certificate from a well-know Certificate Authority.

Buying a certificate to "Make it work" will not fix the problems. There is something else wrong.

Sep 7, 2015 2:36 AM in response to yehia123

Deleting certificates is a bad idea - in future I suggest you resist the temptation because nothing good comes of it and you are risking a world of pain. You may be able to recover the deleted certificates by retrieving:

/Library/Keychains/System.keychain

from a backup. The problem with what you've done is that you may not discover the full consequences for weeks or months when something, e.g. trying to change a password, doesn't work for no obvious reason. You should weigh up this risk against the effort needed to perform a clean install at this point.

C.

Sep 7, 2015 7:30 AM in response to cdhw

if the suggestion to restore system.keychain form backup does not produce the results you need, a re-Install-in-place should.

A re-Install (of Mac OS X) in place is intended to re-install anything missing or damaged from the standard install, and leave everything else alone. A Prudent way to proceed would be to run Disk Utility ( Verify Disk [directory]) first.

If you have also deleted the certificates Server creates at first run, you may need to delete and re-Install and re-set up Server as well.

certificates & remote login issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.