Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro 1.1, snow leopard, system settings resetting after reboot

I own a macbook pro 1.1 (15") with 2g of ram. Two years now, the right speaker is not working properly so, on system preferences - sound output settings i turn the balance all the way to the left. But lately each time i reboot, the balance is reverting to the middle. I have used this setting for many years without an issue. And i have not installed for years any new application. Except some software updates (firefox, vlc etc). I have tried reseting pram , smc, i have changed pram battery, disk permissions, even erased system settings -audio files etc. I even used onyx to reset some functions. I also have clean installed snow leopard and update it to 10.6.8 in any possible ways. I have also changed couple of times hd. Other personalized settings like monitor settings etc are not affected except when i reset pram & smc, which is normal.. No fix. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), null

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 2:55 AM

2 replies

macbook pro 1.1, snow leopard, system settings resetting after reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.