Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wifi disables and can't be re-enabled without reboot

I have a new Macbook Pro 13" as of a month ago

Twice now the wifi has disabled itself. Not a dropped connection, but disabled. If I mouse over the wifi icon in the upper right, there is an option to "turn wifi on" but it doesn't work. It won't turn on. I tried going into preferences, and turning it on from there, but that still doesn't work.

The catch is that, both times it happened was when I had the MacBook working remote (like on my lap, sitting on the coach), then I brought it back to my desk and plugged in the external monitor, keyboard, mouse and power. That's when the wifi disables. I cannot honestly remember now if I closed the cover and slept the mac first, or if I just plugged it in directly.

I've tried sleeping and re-waking, and still the wifi is disabled, and unable to be turned on. I have also tried sleeping it, disconnecting everything, and waking it, but still the wifi is disabled.

The only solution I have is to reboot, which is an issue as it's my work computer, and I usually have many windows, spreadsheets, etc. open at the time.

Given all the moving parts, peripherals and (so far) unpredictability of the event, it is going to be difficult to diagnose, but I'll start with asking -- has anyone else had an issue like this?

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:17 AM

1 reply

wifi disables and can't be re-enabled without reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.