Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sudo nano not working with hard drive

I have a friend with an NTFS read-only hard drive. She wants to copy some of my files; however, since it was read-only and Windows NTFS, I couldn't paste anything on it. What I did was that on Terminal, I wrote 'sudo nano /etc/fstab' and after that is the following code 'LABEL=harddrive none ntfs rw,auto,nobrowse.' I know after this, it would no longer show itself on the left-side menu of Finder ... so I accessed the Volume folder (COMMAND-SHIFT-G) and nope, it wasn't there.

I've restarted my laptop, plug-unplugged the hard drive afterwards. Still none. When I rechecked, the moment I plug in the device, the hard drive would just instantaneously appear in Volumes folder before completely disappearing. I did the COMMAND-SHIFT-G then typed in the hardware name as well. Still none. I've done this before on another friend's hard drive and it worked. Not sure why not this time. I would really appreciate inputs and suggestions.

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 3:27 AM

1 reply

sudo nano not working with hard drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.