Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted an email account, which was Apple ID, and added a new one. Icloud continues to use old email as apple id and asks for password. neither the old password nor the new one works.

os x yosemite v. 10.10.4

I deleted a yahoo email account which was my original Apple ID. I reset everything and created new Apple ID and password. Each time I get on my Mac, I'm prompted for the password for the old yahoo email account. I have reset my password for the new Apple ID several times and restarted my Mac after each time with no luck.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:39 AM

There are no replies.

I deleted an email account, which was Apple ID, and added a new one. Icloud continues to use old email as apple id and asks for password. neither the old password nor the new one works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.