Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't delete ICloud from my iPad

I have changed my primary email provider. The old email address was my iCloud and Apple ID username. After much trouble I changed the AppleID. Now I am trying to change the account on my Ipad. I can't remember the password so have not been able to delete the account. There is no "Forgot your password?" option.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 2:50 PM

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you've changed your Apple ID email address, but you're being asked to enter the password for the previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud on your iPad.

Be sure to use these steps from What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password when signing out on your iPad:

Go to Settings > iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID or password. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're still signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm. You might need to enter your password. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID or password.

If you're asked for your password and the current one isn't accepted, try the steps from If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID in iCloud.

All the best.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 2:50 PM in response to daniel gfromridgecrest

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like you've changed your Apple ID email address, but you're being asked to enter the password for the previous Apple ID when signing out of iCloud on your iPad.

Be sure to use these steps from What to do after you change your Apple ID email address or password when signing out on your iPad:

Go to Settings > iCloud.

• If you're signed out, enter your updated Apple ID or password. The data in iCloud will automatically appear on your device after you sign in.
  • If you're still signed in with your previous Apple ID:
    1. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm. You might need to enter your password. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
    2. Enter your updated Apple ID or password.

If you're asked for your password and the current one isn't accepted, try the steps from If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID in iCloud.

All the best.

Sep 15, 2015 7:11 AM in response to daniel gfromridgecrest

jeremy,

I had this solved - I thought - but today my Ipad is asking for my password for the old email address. I use 1Password which I have updated to my new apple ID info with the new email address. I now can't delete the ICloud account because I don't know my old password. I'm using the latest iOS. The underlined part below is where I have hit a roadblock.

1. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm. You might need to enter your password . Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.

Sep 27, 2015 4:00 PM in response to daniel gfromridgecrest

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like you're being asked for the password associated with your old Apple ID email address.

If you haven't already, try these steps from If you're asked for the password to your previous Apple ID in iCloud:

Update to the latest version of iOS

Update to the latest version of iOS on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then try signing out of iCloud again. If you're still asked for your previous Apple ID, try the steps below.

If you're trying to restore from a backup and Setup Assistant asks you for the password to your previous Apple ID, tap Skip. After you complete the Setup Assistant, you can sign in using Settings.

Change your Apple ID temporarily

Use these steps to change your Apple ID temporarily:

1. Go to My Apple ID, click Manage your Apple ID, and sign in with your current Apple ID.
  2. Select Edit next to Apple ID and Primary Email Address.
  3. Change your Apple ID to the email address that iCloud is asking you to sign in with. You shouldn't need to verify the email address.
  4. Sign out of My Apple ID.

Then sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device.
  2. Scroll down and tap Sign Out, then tap Sign Out to confirm. If you're using iOS 7 or earlier, tap Delete Account, then tap Delete to confirm.
  3. Tap Keep on My [Device] or Delete from My [Device], and enter the password for your Apple ID. Your data remains in iCloud, and it will be updated on your device when you sign in to iCloud again.
  4. If you're signed in on more than one device with this Apple ID, repeat steps 1-3 on each device.
  5. Go to My Apple ID, and sign in again.
  6. Change your Apple ID to the email address that you want to use. You'll need to verify the email address.
  7. Tap Settings > iCloud on your iOS device, and sign in with your new Apple ID.

If these steps don’t work, change your Apple ID temporarily again. Then sign back in to My Apple ID to make sure that your Apple ID was changed.

If these steps don't solve it, due to the nature of the issue you may find more information by using another one of Apple's support resources - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action.

Best Regards.

can't delete ICloud from my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.