Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

snow leopard resets system settings after each reboot

I own a macbook pro 1.1 (15") with 2g of ram. Two years now, the right speaker is not working properly so, on system preferences - sound output settings i turn the balance all the way to the left. But lately each time i reboot, the balance is reverting to the middle. I have used this setting for many years without an issue. And i have not installed for years any new application. Except some software updates (firefox, vlc etc). I have tried reseting pram , smc, i have changed pram battery, disk permissions, even erased system settings -audio files etc. I even used onyx to reset some functions. I also have clean installed snow leopard and update it to 10.6.8 in any possible ways. I have also changed couple of times hd. Another function affected at the some time, is calculating all sizes to any folder is recalculating after each restart. Other personalized settings like monitor settings etc are not affected except when i reset pram & smc, which is normal.. No fix. Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 3:00 AM

4 replies

Sep 3, 2015 7:51 AM in response to heraclitus_of_ephesus

Do a backup.

Quit the application.

Go to your user/home folder and select Library. Then go to Preferences/com.apple.systempreferences.plist. Move the .plist to your desktop.

Restart the computer, open the application, and test. If it works okay, delete the plist from the desktop.

If the application is the same, return the .plist to where you got it from, overwriting the newer one.

snow leopard resets system settings after each reboot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.