Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What causes "Safari can't open the page" message?

Lately I have been getting this message way too often on a variety of websites. Today it happened on PayPal - I logged in with no problem and when I clicked on another page, I received the "can't open the page" message.

I clear out history and website data daily so not sure what is up with these errors. Is anyone else having this issue?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 10:22 AM

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 10:22 AM in response to horsecrazy

Safari/Preferences/Advanced - enable the Develop menu, then go there and Empty Caches. Quit/reopen Safari and test. Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library./Caches/com.apple.Safari/Caches.db and move it to the trash.

Go to Safari Preferences/Extensions and turn all extensions off. Test. If okay, turn the extensions on one by one until you figure out what extension is causing the problem.

Safari Corruption See post by Linc Davis

What causes "Safari can't open the page" message?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.