Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Palm Muting no longer works when using the Logic Remote - Logic Pro X

My Logic Friends...

Please help! Since an update (I'm guessing) palm muted notes that were created using the logic remote for a guitar (on iPad4) now no longer work? It doesn't matter whether this is a new project or saved ones? If I check the Modulation I can see that it has picked up the command in the Piano Roll but it now just doesn't work. I use the Remote to play guitar chords etc for tracks that require guitar (I cannot play the real guitar for the life of me!) and the palm mute function has been a godsend. Now however it no longer works...

I use this feature all the time as I create backing tracks for a living. Now the majority of tracks I have created are all wrong and I cannot seem to understand what has happened?

Is there a setting I am missing? I can see that the last update has affected the EXS24 Samples which the guitar sounds are generated from. I know it's something in Logic as in GarageBand it all works fine, Holding the string whilst strumming does indeed mute the notes just not when using Logic Pro X

Any help or advice is much appreciated..

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:11 AM

2 replies

Palm Muting no longer works when using the Logic Remote - Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.