Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After using a T-mobile SIM card for a month in the US, my primary SIM card through telcel in Mexico doesn't work. I have a new card, updated software, and gone thru the steps with apple. Is it possible that carriers like T-mobile lock the phones?

After using a T-mobile SIM card for a month in the US, my primary SIM card through telcel in Mexico doesn't work. I have a new Telcel card, updated software, and gone thru the steps with Apple. Is it possible that carriers like T-mobile lock the phones? Could there be a hardware problem all of a sudden to do with the phone not recognizing a SiM card? TelCel said Apple needs to unlock it, but it was unlocked already, and i spoke to Apple card, too. What could i do now?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1, Telcel carrier

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 7:29 AM

There are no replies.

After using a T-mobile SIM card for a month in the US, my primary SIM card through telcel in Mexico doesn't work. I have a new card, updated software, and gone thru the steps with apple. Is it possible that carriers like T-mobile lock the phones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.