Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I sign out of Find My Friends on the iPad Mini 3?

Hello everyone. I have an iPad Mini 3 with the Find My Friends application installed. How do I sign out of Find My Friends? I realize that I have posted this question before, but since the update of some of these applications, signing out has become more difficult. I have already tried to troubleshoot this myself. I tapped on the Me button at the bottom and the area I expect to see the Sign Out button, does not have it. Is signing out even an option anymore with this application?

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:09 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 7:30 AM in response to calliekuczek

Howdy calliekuczek,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you have questions concerning signing out of the Find My Friends app on your iPad. When you are signed in to iCloud on your iPad, you are automatically signed in to Find My Friends. A way around not being able to sign out separately in the app is that you can hide or stop sharing your location:

Is there a way to hide from followers?

Yes. You can hide or stop sharing your location. To stop sharing from Find My Friends:

User uploaded file

Tap Find My Friends and tap Me. Then turn off Share My Location.

User uploaded file

Tap Done. You'll see Not sharing location next to Me at the bottom of the screen.

You can also go to Settings > iCloud, scroll down, tap Share My Location, then turn off Share My Location. You can still see the location of your friends, but your friends see “Location Not Available” when they try to locate you.

User uploaded file

About Find My Friends - Apple Support

Cheers.

How do I sign out of Find My Friends on the iPad Mini 3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.