Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

has Apple been breached? Are staff covering it up?

Hi,

on the 16th of June 2015, i received an email from apple stating the following

Dear Hugh Mc Gauran,
“HPAD” was automatically removed as a trusted device from two-step verification for your Apple ID (h•••••@gmail.com).
Your trusted devices are used to verify your identity when you make changes to your account, sign in to iCloud, or make iTunes or App Store purchases from a new device.
To protect your security, when you erase a device it will be removed from your list of trusted devices. To re-verify your device, sign in to My Apple ID choose Password and Security, and then Add or Remove Trusted Devices.
If you did not erase this device or if you believe an unauthorized person has accessed your account, you should reset your account password immediately at My Apple ID.
If you need additional help, visit Apple Support.
Apple Support

I escalated this immediately to Apple. The guy on the phone a Jonathan Connell told me that it was a spoofed email. I verified the email headers as being from Apple and Jonathan begrudgingly confirmed that it was from apple but that he did not know why. I forwarded the email to him and he promised to come back to me. He still hasnt despite multiple emails from me to him about the issue.

This email suggests that Apple systems are not behaving correctly and have possibly been breached. Apple staff are refusing to give answers as to why this issue is happening.. why is it being covered up? what is being hidden?

I still want to know why i received this email. Anyone know? The device was not removed from my account?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:40 AM

2 replies

has Apple been breached? Are staff covering it up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.