Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot add a pdf to library

I'm using iTunes 12.2.2.25 on a late 2013 iMac under OS 10.9.5.

After having been able to do so for a long time, I can no longer use the File command Add To Library and then add a pdf to iBooks on my iPad 2.

Now when I look for the pdf in iTunes it shows up under My Music as Unknown Album.

Anyone know what's going on?

How do I get the pdf into my iMac?

Thanks, Barrie

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 3.5 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, 200 GB free

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 5:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 6:44 AM

Howdy Barrie72,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you'd like to sync a PDF to your iPad. Since you're running OS X Mavericks, you will first need to add the PDF to your iBooks library:

If you're using OS X Mavericks or later, drag and drop your PDFs into your iBooks library using iBooks for Mac.

To sync a PDF from your computer to iBooks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Select your iOS device. (Learn how to sync your data with iTunes.)
  2. Click the Books tab.
  3. Select Sync Books.
  4. If iTunes is set to sync only selected books, select the checkbox next to the PDF you want to sync.
  5. Click Sync.

Use iBooks with PDF documents on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 6:44 AM in response to Barrie72

Howdy Barrie72,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I see from your post that you'd like to sync a PDF to your iPad. Since you're running OS X Mavericks, you will first need to add the PDF to your iBooks library:

If you're using OS X Mavericks or later, drag and drop your PDFs into your iBooks library using iBooks for Mac.

To sync a PDF from your computer to iBooks on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:

1. Select your iOS device. (Learn how to sync your data with iTunes.)
  2. Click the Books tab.
  3. Select Sync Books.
  4. If iTunes is set to sync only selected books, select the checkbox next to the PDF you want to sync.
  5. Click Sync.

Use iBooks with PDF documents on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Take care.

cannot add a pdf to library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.