Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail version 8.2

I don't know what's happened to my iCloud mail that I've set up in 'Mail' version 8.2.

It's suddenly stopped sending iCloud emails. This happened once before and my ISP encouraged me to use Thunderbird. I did that for a while but I found it so temperamental and went back to 'Mail'

Does anyone know the correct set-up details for an iCloud account in 'Mail' version 8.2?

I would be grateful for any help...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:10 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 2:48 PM in response to PrimalUK

Hello there, PrimalUK.

It sounds like you may have been experiencing an outage while being unable to send mail using your iCloud account in the Mail app on your Mac. If you're still experiencing the outage, this Knowledge Base article offers up a checklist of steps for troubleshooting:

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac - Apple Support

If you can’t send or receive email on your Mac

Follow these steps if the Mail app in OS X suddenly doesn't send or receive email.

If your Mac is connected to the Internet, but Mail no longer sends or receives email messages, the issue could be with the provider of your email service. Or you could have missing or outdated settings in the Accounts section of Mail preferences (Mail > Preferences).

If Mail refers to a problem with the mail server or network

Mail might say that it’s unable to connect because of a problem with the mail server or network. For example, the message might refer to a connection that timed out, or too many simultaneous connections:

User uploaded file

If you're connected to the Internet but the connection timed out, your email provider could be experiencing a service outage. Contact them or check their status webpage to make sure that their mail service is online. Examples of status pages:

If the message refers to the number of simultaneous connections, too many of your devices are checking your email account at the same time. Quit Mail on one or more of your other devices.

Thanks for being a part of Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

Mail version 8.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.