Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Admin: merge my community logins

I would like to merge the two of my accounts on this community page. Since they changed to only accept Apple-ID accounts login to it, I had to get a new nickname, because my first one was obviously taken (by me). What can I do about it? I tried to find a way to actually contact a human administrators behind this community page, but I haven't found any. What can I do about that?

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 4:52 AM

I will alerts the Hosts to your request, but I seriously doubt there is a way to "merge" accounts.

9 replies

Sep 4, 2015 4:09 AM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Please explain the difference between ASC login and AppleID more detailed. When I tried to log in to ASC it wanted me to enter my AppleID, so I entered my AppleID. Then I was to choose a nickname, there was no "I already have a nickname on this forum" option. Of course, it generated a new nickname for the forum then, but I guess there are two different user databases (AppleID and ASC-nickname) and they are connected probably via a database relation. So why is it not possible to change the relation of my AppleID from the just created underscore-nick to the one that has been there before?

As a side note, as I found out what mail address the old ASC-account had, I tried to regain the account by trying different passwords I used in the past. This is what happened: http://mcnesium.com/tmp/ASC_mcnesium_480p.webm It gives the impression that this forum is made all shiny in the fronted but down in the software it is messy as ****. (lol but it stars out words, a good christian is not allowed to say)

Sep 4, 2015 4:20 AM in response to mcnesium

The login to ASC is an Apple ID. So as not to display your Apple ID (particularly as it is an email address and you certainly don't want that posted in a public forum) you are asked to create a nickname, or display name. That is tied to the account and the Apple ID and the Hosts will not usually change it unless it constitutes some sort of security breach.

In any event, all this can only be dealt with by the Hosts. Kilgore-Trout has alerted them so it's up to them whether they want to contact you, and whether they are prepared or able to do anything about it. No-one who posts in the forums can assist you or explain the inner workings of the forum software.

Admin: merge my community logins

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.