Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you reset ipad to factory settings when you don't have the passcode

We had a former employee that reset the ipad to factory settings with his own personal apple account. Now we are unable to access it because we do not have the passcode and we are unable to reset to factory default again. Does anyone have any idea how to reset this ipad to factory settings in this situation?

iPad

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:44 AM

Hi Fidcouns,

It sounds like the former employee has Activation Lock enabled. If your company has proof of purchase for the device showing the serial number, you can contact Apple and they can remove the Activation Lock for you. The receipt must include the following information:

1. Reseller’s name

2. Reseller’s address, phone number or website URL

3. Date of purchase when the product was originally sold

4. Product serial number, IMEI number or MEID number

Call Apple Enterprise Support at 866-752-7753 with this info and they will help you through the next steps.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Fidcouns

Hi Fidcouns,

It sounds like the former employee has Activation Lock enabled. If your company has proof of purchase for the device showing the serial number, you can contact Apple and they can remove the Activation Lock for you. The receipt must include the following information:

1. Reseller’s name

2. Reseller’s address, phone number or website URL

3. Date of purchase when the product was originally sold

4. Product serial number, IMEI number or MEID number

Call Apple Enterprise Support at 866-752-7753 with this info and they will help you through the next steps.

Hope this answers your question!

~Joe

Sep 18, 2015 2:15 AM in response to nsdjoey

hi Joe

I face a similar problem. the challenge is my iPad is bought in 2013 and my purchase record is trashed. What alternative do I have ? this ipad was erased and setup for my elderly Mum when I upgraded to the newer air, now that she forgot her passwords including that of your secondary email, I have no way to reset the ipad or get it working. Please help.

How do you reset ipad to factory settings when you don't have the passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.