Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After using "Remove Attachments" emails appear to be corrupted (Yosemite 10.10.5)

Hello,

In Mountain Lion's Mail I often used "Remove attachments" (e.g. if someone had sent me photos or videos which I archived elsewhere, but wanted to keep the mail text). Always after using this function I double-checked the remaining mail, and it always was OK.

Now after upgrading to Yosemite 10.10.5 the rest of these old emails is displayed like this:

User uploaded file

How can I read these emails ever again? (As written above – I know they were OK!)

When I'm using "Remove attachments" now under Yosemite 10.10.5, some of the processed emails are OK afterwards, and some appear corrupted too.

BTW I'm not using any plugins.

Many thanks!

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:30 AM

7 replies

Sep 7, 2015 12:36 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for your answer.

I've validated the fonts and it only found "minor problems" (marked yellow), mainly 'kern' table structure and contents. Despite this information I never had problems with these fonts.

In my emails I only use the default font (I guess that's Helvetica), but I have no influence on what fonts the email sender (which I respond to) had used. But as far as I could research, no exotic fonts had been used in the emails which seem to be corrupted now after removing attachment(s).

Could this problem have another cause...?

Sep 18, 2015 12:13 PM in response to coxorange

in response to MrHoffman:

The Mime-Version is 1.0.

Now my "solution":

In the normal message window I saw these chinese characters (image above)...

BUT

View > Message > Raw Source

... brought back content in plain text which was helpful! Still it's strange how such emails are displayed.

At least I know now how to get to the text. I hope this helps others with the same problem too.

Sep 19, 2015 1:55 AM in response to coxorange

@coxorange You should have looked more closely on the Apple Discussion Forums. The reason you are not getting any replies in your thread is that there is already a solution out there that everybody is using (more than 300 people has downloaded it). Just go get it and be happy. It's here and marked with a "Helpful" star: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3280014?start=90&tstart=0

After using "Remove Attachments" emails appear to be corrupted (Yosemite 10.10.5)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.