Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did the new MBP Retina 2015 staingate problem fixed?

Hi there,

I am planning to buy the new Macbook Pro with Retina display (13 inch, 2015) and hopefully I could buy it as soon as possible as I needed it for iOS Development that I'm doing for my senior project, and other photoshop and word processing works (my old Macbook stopped function properly anymore). However, I just came across the staingate issue on older versions of Macbook Pro with Retina Display and I'm not sure if the problem still persists in the new 2015 model. Should I wait before I buy (considering I need it urgently, I don't know if I can wait) and if I do buy it, will wearing a screen protector help?

Thank you everyone in advance

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 6:12 PM

If you want the computer get it. Millions of MacBook Pro retina users are not having any issues. You have been visiting sites where people with problems come for help. If you were to spend time at a hospital emergency room you likely could conclude that most people are ill. But it is not the case that most people are ill just as it is not the case that most MacBook Pro users have the issue you are referring to.

You don't need a screen protector.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 6:12 PM in response to s.sara

If you want the computer get it. Millions of MacBook Pro retina users are not having any issues. You have been visiting sites where people with problems come for help. If you were to spend time at a hospital emergency room you likely could conclude that most people are ill. But it is not the case that most people are ill just as it is not the case that most MacBook Pro users have the issue you are referring to.

You don't need a screen protector.

Did the new MBP Retina 2015 staingate problem fixed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.