Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to Save YouTube Password in Compressor Presets

Is it possible to have Compressor 4 save my YouTube password in a preset? Compressor will save the username, it will save other metadata such as titles, but it will not keep the password.

If I 'Share' to YouTube straight from FCP X, the username and password are retained. My typical process is to 'Send to Compressor' and I have to paste in the password each time.

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:22 AM

Afraid this can't be done in Compressor the way it can be in FCP.

This has come up before and in previous versions it wouldn't retain the pw – regardless of whether it was a custom setting or a droplet. I just retested it in 4.2 and there hasn't been any change.

BTW, it doesn't matter whether one uses Send to Compressor or whether one imports a stand alone video.

I suggest using Compressor Feedback.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 8:22 AM in response to djmaynard

Afraid this can't be done in Compressor the way it can be in FCP.

This has come up before and in previous versions it wouldn't retain the pw – regardless of whether it was a custom setting or a droplet. I just retested it in 4.2 and there hasn't been any change.

BTW, it doesn't matter whether one uses Send to Compressor or whether one imports a stand alone video.

I suggest using Compressor Feedback.

Russ

Trying to Save YouTube Password in Compressor Presets

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.