Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't log in with my old Apple ID

A few days ago I bought secondhand iPhone 4. I wanted to avtivate an iCloud account but it showed me an error message "maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iphone' okay then I wanted to long in with my old Apple ID because I had an iPhone a year ago... but it shows up the same message. Is there any way to solve this problem? I saw that people can log in with old Apple IDs but why can't I? Anyway, I logged with the old ID on AppStore.

btw, sorry for my english, I'm from poland ;D

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, black, 8GB

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:21 AM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 12:53 PM in response to paulinquaa

Hi Paulinquaa,

Unfortunately, Apple has this in its terms: "Apple reserves the right to limit the number of Accounts that may be created from a device and the number of devices associated with an Account." Once that limit has been reached (I believe it's three at this point), no other accounts can be added to the device. It sounds like the maximum has already been reached on that phone. There's no way around it.

Can't log in with my old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.