Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can anyone tell me how to type a "degrees symbol" from my keyboard (i.e. ...bake at 350 "degrees" for 1 hour)?

I would like to know how to create a "temperature degrees" symbol from my keyboard. (i.e. bake at 350 "degrees" F for 1 hour). I have checked the characters field from the keyboard help field but found nothing that shows this symbol.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 2:08 PM

Try Shift, Option, and 8. If that doesn't work, what keyboard layout are you using?

(132761)

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 9:28 AM in response to hundleydl

you mean °C :

it is the most top left symbol on a swiss-german keyboard 😁 (you obviously do not have that)

When I need a special character I look at the Character Viewer or I try keys on the Keyboard Viewer.

When I don't have it: in SystemPreferences I set in he Keyboard applet "show keyboard& character viewers in the menubar" so that I can easily reach those.

Lex

Can anyone tell me how to type a "degrees symbol" from my keyboard (i.e. ...bake at 350 "degrees" for 1 hour)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.