Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Apple blocking Google Maps on Car Play?

There is no forum for CarPlay at this time, but that is my concern.

I love my iPhone but need to upgrade to a larger screen in October -- 6+ would be great. But, I also love Google Maps. If Apple is blocking Google Maps on CarPlay I will have to switch to an Android phone and car system. I don't want to do that. So, where are we going Apple? Are you keeping Google Maps off of CarPlay?

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 8:05 AM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 8:20 AM in response to Grandpop8

Then prepare to move on. Android Auto only supports Google Maps and CarPlay only supports Apple Maps at this time. If you know anything about CarPlay you should know that there is an ever increasing list of third party apps that will be available. This would appear to indicate that it’s Google’s choice whether they update their Maps app to support CarPlay. What makes you think Apple is banning Google Maps from CarPlay (which could be interpreted as anti-competitive behavior)? Can you provide a link stating this policy?

By the way, nobody cares what you do and making threats about leaving the platform isn’t going win you much sympathy here. Send feedback to both Apple and Google letting them know of your request.

Is Apple blocking Google Maps on Car Play?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.