Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dropped iPhone 6 into water and turn it off immediately but it keep turning back on with many vertical white stripes on the screen

I dropped my iphone 6+ into a pail filled with water and I immediately remove it from the water but then after that I tried to turn it off and dry it, but it keeping turning back on and off non stop with white vertical stripes on the screen, I searched all over the website and told to turn It off but now it keep turning on and off by itself, what to do ?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:19 AM

7 replies

Sep 3, 2015 10:06 AM in response to ddd95

Go by a hobby store and buy new silica gel packets. Put them and the iPhone in a baggie and let it dry for 4 days. Take it out after that, connect it to power and charge it for at least 30 minutes then reset it while it is connected to power (hold down the home and sleep buttons, wait for the Apple logo, let go of the buttons). If that does not work make a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store and do an out-of-warranty replacement. In the US the cost is $329 USD.

Sep 4, 2015 7:29 AM in response to ddd95

On occasion, someone is able to resuscitate a phone after exposure to water, but it is actually kind of rare, even more so if it was on when it went swimming, or tuned on before it was completely dry. Odds are very good the phone is toast. As already recommended, take it to a genius bar to confirm. Chances are pretty good you need to replace it.

Dropped iPhone 6 into water and turn it off immediately but it keep turning back on with many vertical white stripes on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.