Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do I do since the Genius Bar broke my phone?

I am so disappointed that my iPhone 6 no longer works. I took my phone in because sound was not coming out of the speakers on the bottom of the phone. I made an appointment with the Genius Bar. I handed my phone over and was told it would take about an hour and a half. It ended up being almost two hours. At this point I talked to another customer who had been in the store for hours and they had also told him a wrong time. Other customers looked angry and were wondering why there was such a long wait.

Finally my phone comes out, and I'm told that since my phone did not calibrate, it does not work at all. They had no gold phones, and I said the color was not important to me. I was told that the system would not let them give me any other color phone. This doesn't make any sense to me. Then I'm told that I will have to wait until Friday or possibly Monday. No temporary phone was offered. This means that I am without a phone for possibly 5 days.

I am beyond frustrated and now considering switching to an android once my contract is up. I am beyond frustrated for the amount of money I paid for the phone and it breaks at the store.

Is there something I can do or do I just need to switch phones completely?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:21 AM

7 replies

Sep 3, 2015 10:01 AM in response to JLJohnston

Just like your doctor appointments Apple cannot precisely say how long it will take to repair something. You do not have to stand around waiting you can leave and go do other things then come back. I'm not sure what "calibrate" is other than getting the compass to work right, sounds like you did not get a clear understanding of what they actually said. And yes, policy is your service replacement is the same model you brought in. It is unfortunate they did not have any in stock but that happens sometimes.

What did the manager of service say when you talked to them? You did call and ask to speak to a manager, right?

Before you switch phones I would suggest you check the Samsung, HTC, LG, etc. forums. I think you will find it is not nirvana there either.

Sep 3, 2015 12:09 PM in response to deggie

I understand all of that information. I understand that no company or service can be perfect. I just felt that the situation did not just effect me and wanted to let apple know of what happened. I also did not just stand around in the store for two hours. But just like everyone else in that store, I still had a schedule to keep and allowed enough time for them to be able to fix my phone with the information that I was provided. It was frustrating that they booked appointment on top of appointment when they can tell when they are getting too many phones.

Sep 3, 2015 12:15 PM in response to JLJohnston

Like any service provider (including doctors) they allow for a set amount of time to handle iPhones (15 minutes) and book accordingly. If during the day in question they get several appointments that are much more serious issues then it backs up everything. They could when this happens tell you when you get there, "Sorry, we have had too many serious problem appointments prior to you getting here so we are canceling your appointment please book on another day." I am assuming this would have been more to your liking.

This is a user-to-user technical support problem so no one can help you here. Again, what did the manager of service say when you called and spoke to them? Or are you just wanting to whine?

Sep 4, 2015 9:11 AM in response to JLJohnston

JLJohnston wrote:

Like I said, I was just making a suggestion to Apple. They won't know how customers are feeling about their service if no one ever says anything.

You are not making a suggestion to Apple here because they do not monitor this forum and as has been explained to you this is a user to user technical forum. You can give Apple feedback here:

www.apple.com/feedback

What do I do since the Genius Bar broke my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.