Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to set-up iPad 2 as second user due to prompt switch off find my device

I have been contacted by a 2nd user I passed on my iPad 2 to. I restored the device before I passed it on and it reverted to the "Hello" and swipe bar. The new user is getting a prompt to switch off the "Find my device" and then set-up, or provide him with my account details so he can access and then set-up. Obviously I don't wish to do the latter..so any ideas?

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:13 AM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 11:50 AM in response to KiltedTim

Hi, thanks for the prompt help....I failed to do this prior to selling it on. If the new user connects to iTunes will it prompts a new set-up on their account or will it recognise that it is still asociated with my account and deny access...what may my options be. My account shows 2 devices associated with my account...presumably my mac and the sold iPad...Would deauthorising the devices allow the new user to set-up?

Sep 3, 2015 12:06 PM in response to Tuincast87

Read the article:

If you no longer have your iOS device

If the steps above weren't completed and you no longer have your device, follow these steps:

1. Ask the new owner to erase all content and settings as described above.
  2. If you're using iCloud and Find My iPhone on the device, sign in to icloud.com/find, select the device, and click Erase. After the device has been erased, click Remove from Account.
  3. If you're unable to follow either of the above steps, change your Apple ID password. This won't remove personal information that's stored on your old device, but it will prevent the new owner from deleting your information from iCloud.
  4. If you're switching to a non-Apple phone, deregister iMessage.
  5. If you're using Apple Pay, you can remove your credit or debit cards at iCloud.com: Choose Settings to see which devices are using Apple Pay, then click the device. Next to Apple Pay, click Remove.

Unable to set-up iPad 2 as second user due to prompt switch off find my device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.