Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I fried my MacBook Air with a glass of wine and have now replaced it with a iMac. The laptop was returned with its memory cache removed so that I could upload the memory to the iMac. How do I do this? The MacBook keyboard and trackpad damaged an no s

I knocked over a glass of wine onto my MacBook air and fried it. Sent for repair and amongst the many things damaged were the trackpad and keyboard. It would not boot up. So I have bought a iMac. I did have a backup on a Lacie device and got it out ready for my return from Stormfrront to upload as I set up the iMac. When I arrived home I found that one of my wife's darling dogs had eaten the backup. Apple repair did send back the MacBook Air with the memory cache removed so that I can use it install the memory onto the iMAc. How do I do this and what device do I need?

Please help. I have lots of images and files that I need.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 3:10 PM

Depending on the year of your MacBook Air an enclosure for the SSD may be available. One source for those is http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MAU3ENVOY11/

Contact them via the methods at the top of the link to verify that what you order will work for the SSD in your old Mac.

4 replies

I fried my MacBook Air with a glass of wine and have now replaced it with a iMac. The laptop was returned with its memory cache removed so that I could upload the memory to the iMac. How do I do this? The MacBook keyboard and trackpad damaged an no s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.