Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erratic Cursor Movement

My 2 1/2 year old macbook pro just recently started having some erratic cursor movement/jump - it appears at a new location without the graphical effect of movement.

The erratic movements are strictly horizontal with a mostly right direction jump.

I've cleaned the surface of the track pad. Disabled bluetooth. Ran firstaid on the hard drive -SSD.

When cold booting, the issue does not present until I run a couple of applications. I have 16BG of RAM and don't come even close to using it all.

When using Apple Remote Desktop into my mac, the issue is less obvious but still present. I gather the remote desktop is 'forcing' some control over the cursor, which mitigates the issues a bit.

I'm afraid this may be an Apple support task, but I am hoping that this may be resolved via some software magicy thing.

I would appreciate any ideas into resolving this issue before I need to take it into the Apple store.

Cheers

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:56 AM

Have you ever used a graphics tablet on that Mac?

Is you battery swollen, and pushing against the underside of the trackpad? If so, service Right Away!

There may be some more obscure "fixes" available as well.

3 replies

Erratic Cursor Movement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.