Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Ipad is not waking up any more when I open the cover

My 4 y.o. Ipad is under the weather. Not only it doesn't wake up any more when i open the cover, but, the "home" button has become insensitive and I need sometimes to press it for a relatively long time for anything to happen. To cap it all up, a message has appeared that says that the Ipad hasn't been able to back up for 3 weeks, and this despite that it has been locked and recharging almost every day. Any ideas?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 1:40 PM

The Home button being insensitive is a concern, could be defective hardware, hard to say from here. I would try this first, a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 1:40 PM in response to laurafrombienne

The Home button being insensitive is a concern, could be defective hardware, hard to say from here. I would try this first, a forced restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Sep 4, 2015 2:03 PM in response to laurafrombienne

You can try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings and see if this helps. You will not lose any data or apps but you will have to enter your settings again. It that does not work the next step would be a complete Restore. It will take 30 - 60 minutes and if you follow the directions including a backup, you will not lose anything.

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

my Ipad is not waking up any more when I open the cover

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.