Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my iPhone not giving me sound notifications when it is on loud and the sound works?

My iPhone hasn't been giving me a loud notification when I receive a text message or any other notifications. It also doesn't ring for some phone calls. It does this when the iPhone is not on silent. My speaker works but it just doesn't ring. Not sure what to do.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 10:01 AM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 12:30 PM in response to floridagirl0496

Hi floridagirl0496,

Check the Ring/Silent switch above the volume buttons. If you can see orange, it's set to silent. Turn it off. Also check to see if Do Not Disturb is on. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb, and make sure Manual is set to Off. If it's on, it will silence any incoming calls or messages when the screen is off. If it's still not working, this article has some more steps to help resolve it:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch speaker - Apple Support

Why is my iPhone not giving me sound notifications when it is on loud and the sound works?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.