Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing photos from broken Iphone

Right,

I have a huge problem. I dropped my iphone for the first time ever and unfortunately after taking it to a repair guy he said he wont be able to fix it as i've buggered up the motherboard. the touch screen is broke and only shows the time part of the screen (He tried several different screens). I connected it to itunes and it shows the phone is connected however it says i have to allow access i need to respond on my phone, however i can't do that because the screen isn't working.

will there be anyway of getting the photos from the phone onto my computer? need them for work desparately! i have also logged in my icloud account but when i clicked on photos it says i need to set it up or something...

Also my SIM is currently in a different iphone if that helps.

Thanks! 🙂

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:52 PM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 1:01 PM in response to geraintm6

Forget about iTunes, you likely have Find my iPhone enabled and it will not let you. Find a PC, connect your phone to it, and open the Windows File Manager. Check and see if the phone is still good enough to show up there just like a camera. If you can see the phone as a device, then either right click on it and Import your pictures or select the phone and copy all of the subfolders. Your pictures will be there, assuming the phone is not so damaged that Windows cannot recognize it, the fact that iTunes does see it gives me hope. Good luck and let me know, please.....

Sep 3, 2015 3:11 PM in response to elcpu

Hi,

My computer makes a noise when i connect the phone to the PC so it knows it is being connected. Itunes recognizes it and knows there is an IPhone connected, however only a few times windows explorer recognizes it which i weird. as of now it doesn't recognize it even though it makes a noise, however about an hour or so ago it would show up, but when it did i opened up the autoplay, i then pressed import pictures but it said there were no new images even though i know i had over 50 new ones. i then tried to go into the subfolders but it doesn't go past the storage, when i clicked on the iphone in 'computer' it showed how much GB was being used but when i went to click into that to find the subfolders (Where it should say DCIM) there was nothing there. Very confused...

Thanks 🙂

Importing photos from broken Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.