Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Places

Since a few days maps will not show in Places. No clue. I have not updated anything since last time I used Aperture and Places.

I have an I MAC with 10,6,8 and Aperture 3,2,4.

When i go to Places, either with a new photo or with another one which I have tagged months ago, the background map appears about 1 second, then the window is blank white. On top, the data about the place of the selected picture= country, city, place, etc... is correct, so the data is there. Only nothing to see!.

Any idea ?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:01 AM

1 reply

Sep 3, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Filou92

I have an I MAC with 10,6,8 and Aperture 3,2,4.

That is the problem. Your Aperture version is still using the Google maps, and none of the iPhoto versions or Aperture versions, that are using Google maps for Places seems to be working any longer. Update to an Aperture version that is using Apple's own maps. Try Aperture 3.5.1 or Aperture 3.6.

You may need the help of Apple Support to be able to update to Aperture 3.6. It is only available from the App Store, and only, if you only own an Aperture version, that is associated with your Apple ID at the AppStore.

See this User Tip: Updating to Aperture 3.6 After the Release of Photos

Places

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.