Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I specifically control the music on my iPhone without affecting the music on my other devices/on my account?

My iCloud library is vast, but I don't want all of it on my iPhone. I would, however, like some of it on my iPod. For me to be able to save Apple Music songs for offline play, I am required to have my entire iCloud Music library displayed on my phone, which I do not want at all.

There seems to be no simple way for me to pick and select what I want on my iPhone by simply "deleting" a certain song from my phone - now, I am either told deleting the song will remove it from my iCloud library, or it will completely delete the purchase. Pre-iOS 8/Apple Music, I was able to simply remove certain songs from my phone but they would retain their position my my iCloud library nor would any purchase be reversed. However now, there seems to be no way for me to be able to do this.

All I want to be able to do is to be able to delete songs from my iPhone without affecting their status elsewhere on my other devices or on my overall iCloud account.

Can anyone help me here?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:56 AM

There are no replies.

How can I specifically control the music on my iPhone without affecting the music on my other devices/on my account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.