Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync problem with incoming call between iPhone 6 & iPad Air

I am using iPad Air (WiFi-only version, no SIM Card) & iPhone 6 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. When both my Devices were in the same WiFi zone, e.g. inside my home, if a voice call came to my iPhone, both my devices rang and thus I had the option to receive the call in my iphone as well as in my iPad and continue talking using loudspeaker.

This was quite useful an option for me, which is, unfortunately not working for the last few days.

How can I enable the option again?

Thanks.

Dr. Nuzhat

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

iPad Air, iOS 8.4.1, iPhone 6 & iPad Air

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2015 12:59 PM

Hello saif m,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you have been using the iOS 8 Continuity feature of taking phone calls on your iPad from your iPhone, but now it's not working. For this feature to work, please make sure you have the following settings configured correctly on your devices.

Phone calls

With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.

To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:

1. Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
  2. Your iPhone and your iPad or iPod touch need to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  3. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  4. All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account. This means any device that shares your Apple ID will get your phone calls. Look below for instructions on how to turn off iPhone cellular calls.
  5. Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

Have a good one.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2015 12:59 PM in response to saif m

Hello saif m,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

From your post I understand that you have been using the iOS 8 Continuity feature of taking phone calls on your iPad from your iPhone, but now it's not working. For this feature to work, please make sure you have the following settings configured correctly on your devices.

Phone calls

With Continuity, you can make and receive cellular phone calls from your iPad, iPod touch, or Mac when your iPhone is on the same Wi-Fi network.

To make and receive phone calls, here's what you need:

1. Sign in to the same iCloud account on all your devices, including your Mac.
  2. Your iPhone and your iPad or iPod touch need to use iOS 8 or later. Your Mac needs to use OS X Yosemite.
  3. All devices must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
  4. All devices must be signed in to FaceTime using the same iCloud account. This means any device that shares your Apple ID will get your phone calls. Look below for instructions on how to turn off iPhone cellular calls.
  5. Wi-Fi Calling needs to be off. Go to Settings > Phone. If you see Wi-Fi Calling, turn it off.

Use Continuity to connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

Have a good one.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.