Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"sealed box" iPhone6

I have a chance to buy an Iphone6 in sealed box (Verizon) but the seller tells me it already has his ID and password on it. What do I have to do to regisiter it with my user ID and Password? Additionally, How can it be a "sealed Box" if it already has a user recorded on it? Does Apple do that?

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:14 PM

3 replies

Sep 3, 2015 12:17 PM in response to dlgardne

You can always shrink-wrap a box, and make it sealed again. It really means nothing that its sold as sealed.

Now, if it has his ID and password he would need to remove them before you can use it. Make him follow this article before buying it:

What to do before selling or giving away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If he can't or won't do that, do not buy it.

Sep 4, 2015 4:16 AM in response to dlgardne

dlgardne wrote:

I have a chance to buy an Iphone6 in sealed box (Verizon) but the seller tells me it already has his ID and password on it.

Walk away. The seller is lying.

Additionally, How can it be a "sealed Box" if it already has a user recorded on it? Does Apple do that?

It can't. As I stated above, the seller is lying. Don't go anywhere near it.

"sealed box" iPhone6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.