Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When i open iTunes, it says "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly."

Hi, I tried to play my songs in iTunes earlier but a message appeared that says "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration"

I'm using iTunes 12.2.2.25 in Windows 10. Last night, it still works properly...I don't know what happened.

I really have no idea how to fix this.

null-OTHER, Other OS

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 1:51 PM

Have you rebooted your computer yet? If not try that first. Otherwise use Ctrl+B to enable the menu bar if hidden, then use Edit > Preferences > Playback and look at the entry for Play Audio Using. This will normally be set to either Direct Sound or Windows Audio Session. Changing the setting may help.

tt2

3 replies

When i open iTunes, it says "iTunes has detected a problem with your audio configuration. Audio/Video playback may not operate properly."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.