Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The text alert on my iPhone 5c doesn't work it only vibrates I've tried to push the text tone on but this vibrates even if I change to another tune. When a text comes then it doesn't even vibrate I've tried to the reset

The text and worked on my Apple iPhone 5c doesn't work when I try to select a tune it just vibrates, when a text comes then there is nothing it's just silent. I've tried the reset using the home key and the sleep key but this does not help at all.

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:54 AM

1 reply

Sep 4, 2015 12:09 PM in response to rosiefrom cong

Hi rosiefrom cong,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone. If you are not getting an alert when you receive a text, you may want to double-check that your alert & notification settings are configured correctly, as outlined in the following articles:

About Notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Change sounds, ringtones, and alerts on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

You may also want to double-check that you don't have Do Not Disturb enabled, as outlined here:

Use Do Not Disturb on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

The text alert on my iPhone 5c doesn't work it only vibrates I've tried to push the text tone on but this vibrates even if I change to another tune. When a text comes then it doesn't even vibrate I've tried to the reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.