Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since i installes windows 10 I cannot synchronize my i-pad to i-tunes any more ?

I installed Windows 10 on my hp computer and this then I cannot synchronize my i -pas with i-tunes.

I-tunes does not connect with my i-pad anymore

Who can help me ?

iPad Air Wi-Fi, windows 10

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:32 PM

9 replies

Sep 13, 2015 3:53 AM in response to Sordet

What kind of Anti Virus software are you running? Norton, McAfee? There have been several reports of AV software affecting iTunes and even device recognition in Windows. If you are using either Norton or McAfee I would disable it (both the Real Time and Firewall), reboot your computer and try again.

Re: Welcome screen keeps coming up every time iTunes is opened

Re: iPhone 5S does not appear in Windows 8.1 Explorer

Also here is an article that may also help.

http://www.technipages.com/itunes-fix-iphone-or-ipod-not-detected-in-windows/

Sep 13, 2015 6:45 AM in response to Sordet

Hi Sordet, another thought, nothing to lose but a little time.... Please follow these steps precisely and please make sure you do not skip any steps.

Forget about iTunes for the moment. Disable any AntiVirus software for the moment, you would have to disable both the Firewall and the Active Scanner components. With McAfee you should set them to Never return (temporarily so they do not enable themselves in 15 minutes), in Norton there should be comparable settings, just make sure whatever you are using is not active and will not return even after a reboot. You can turn all back on after we do this test. Take 2 new pictures with your iPad, an empty wall will do, anything, just 2 new pictures and leave them on the iPad, confirm that they are in Camera Roll on your iPad. Connect your iPad to your W10 computer, open the Windows File Manager and under devices, do you see the iPad? I am still on W7 but it should show up like this:

User uploaded file

If you do not see it or for that matter even if you do, click on the Start button (I should be back in W10). In the search area, type Device Manager (if not find Device Manager somehow by looking for it with the spotlight) and then select the executable from the Control Panel section when it shows up. Device Manager will look like the screenshot below.

User uploaded file

Look for Universal Serial Bus controllers. Click the arrow to expand. If Apple Mobile Device USB Driver shows up, right click it and uninstall it. Now disconnect your iPad from the computer, reboot the computer, confirm that all AV is still OFF, and after everything loads (you may have to wait 2-3 minutes or maybe more depending on your processor but don't do the following until Windows is fully loaded and stabilized) then connect your iPad again, wait a bit, and on the right bottom a pop up should appear that drivers are being installed for your device. There maybe more than one so wait until all are installed (may have to click on the up arrow on the task bar on the right side to see what is going on). After all the drivers are installed check to see it the iPad shows up in WFM and if so close WFM and open iTunes and then good luck!!!

since i installes windows 10 I cannot synchronize my i-pad to i-tunes any more ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.