Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search Field Clears when View is Changed

For every hour I'm using iTunes, this must happen on average 5 times: I enter terms in search field, then realize a different View (My Music / Playlists / Artists / Albums) would better serve my search, I switch it, which automatically makes the search terms clear, and requiring I click and re-enter. Sometimes I don't know which view is best until I compare the number of matches in multiple views. (I have a huge library) So. Dang. Tedious.

My only lousy workaround, if I remember this annoying behavior in advance, is to copy the terms when entered so I can at least paste. Sometimes 3 or 4 times when you include returning to the preferred view.

Does anyone know a way to change this behavior? I'm pretty sure the terms used to stay, until X or maybe 11. This should absolutely be made an option in the settings or, say, toggle with a search field command key click, but I can't find a thing.

I keep thinking I'll bear with it until they fix it, but it remains and gets more annoying the longer this stupid oversight (or deliberate change) continues.

Please tell me I've overlooked a solution?? I'd so love to be wrong.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.3), null

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 12:05 PM

There are no replies.

Search Field Clears when View is Changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.