Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I have trouble moving photos from old Mac Book Pro (some were iPhoto before upgrading to just Photos) to a new one?

I have a mid-2010 Mac Book Pro now running 10.10.3 It has a virus no one can get rid of, so I purchased a new Mac Book Pro. The only thing I want from this old computer is my photos. My question is: will I have any trouble getting the pictures that were iPhoto pictures to the new machine? I only recently changed to 10.10.3 and the new 'Photos' version and I am worried most of my pictures won't get moved over since they were on iPhoto. Obviously, I don't understand all this computer stuff very well but I want to know what I am in for when I ask the photos to move from the old to the new (providing I can figure out how to do that!). Thank you in advance for any help you have for me.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:45 AM

2 replies

Sep 4, 2015 7:11 PM in response to knittr

You shouldn't have any issues Use Migration Assistant and I suggest you put all your Photos in a New Folder that you can create by right clicking.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=migration+assistant

Choose the correct Migration Assistant for your needs. Take your time and read carefully.

Welcome to the Discussions and good luck to you

Don Morgan

Will I have trouble moving photos from old Mac Book Pro (some were iPhoto before upgrading to just Photos) to a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.