Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i back up a recipe app into itunes

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2015 11:59 AM

I Don't know if you are explaining correctly what it is that you want to do. If you want to transfer the app itself into iTunes, read this.

Redownload or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

IF you want to backup the app data, read this.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2015 11:59 AM in response to bosscbrn

I Don't know if you are explaining correctly what it is that you want to do. If you want to transfer the app itself into iTunes, read this.

Redownload or transfer your iTunes Store purchases from an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a computer - Apple Support

IF you want to backup the app data, read this.

How to back up your devices using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Sep 4, 2015 4:55 AM in response to bosscbrn

You can not actually see the data files in the backup. You just have to trust that the files are there. However, if the app supports file sharing. You can transfer the actual files to a computer using iTunes.

About File Sharing on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

What is the app called? I will take a look to see, but you should be able to see that in app description in the App Store.

Sep 4, 2015 5:29 AM in response to Demo

YEs that is the app. I see where the app sharing is located and the app is on the left so I looked on the right and there is an item listed with a date but there is nothing in it.

I Then went to my back up my Mac and I find where my back up is listed but it is locked and I do not know how to unlock it therefore can not retrieve the contemts.

i Had 147 recipes originally in this app and lost them all appearently when it updated to the next version.

i Am now reloading the app but want to make sure they are backed up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.